Cant get through D-link wireless router
  • From: Richard <ratcheson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 20:51:09 -0600
I'm running Su'SE 9.2 with a D-Link dwg-650 pcmcia wireless. It configures
fine with Yast. When I get it going it goes out to a D-Link WiFi router
Model DI-624 and gets an IP faithfully. I can ping the router and run the
router utility from my laptop, yet I cannot get anything through the router
until I power it down and repower it. Then all works fine.

By cannot get anything through, I mean I cannot ping the internet connection
or anything on the internet. The error message says no connection. If I
run a cable to the router, I can get an ip and go onto the net without fail.

Running windows I can get the ip and go onto the net without having to unplug
the router.

It appears the wireless router firewall is set up to allow all on the lan to
go to the net. Any ideas?

TIA
Richard