Re: [SLE] DSL problem
  • From: "Your Name" <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 22:21:38 -0500

> Your Name wrote:
> > I just got DSL today. The modem is working from the server with only
> > minor annoyances. However, I can't seem to access the internet from
> > other linux (9.0) I'm suspecting some kind of a routing/gateway
problem.

> > I had to change the IP for my server box to 192.168.0.2 from 192.168.0.1
> > because the modem wants to be 192.168.0.1.
> >
> > I added a 2nd NIC as 192.168.0.3.
> >
> > I've setup the gateway on all my boxes as 192.168.0.2
> >
> > I can ping everything on my internal network, but everything outside
> > gets errors (unable to find host)
>
> Try pinging outside your network, using the IP address, instead of host
> name.

The resolver is now working, and both IP and name now return the same
error: Destination Host Unreachable.

I've looked at the NAT stuff suggested by another. Shouldn't that be
setup automatically by the yast firewall config??

Thanks,

Jim

PS: Please excuse any formatting problems. I've also got a mail send
problem and have to use the net interface to my account.

< Previous Next >