KDE freezes frequently on Suse 9.x
  • From: Gabor Istvan <suseuser04@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:23:46 +0100 (CET)
Dear list members:

My KDE desktop frequently freezes. I can't use CTRL+ALT+DEL to
restart or switch to text mode with CTRL+ALT+F(1,2 etc). I can't even
login from other computers throug the network. Currently I am using
SuSE Linux Pro with the default updated kernel (2.6.8-24.11-default)
but I had similar/same problem on SuSE 9.1. My graphics card is
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX400 with the NVIDIA driver SuSE
installed (openGL enabled).
I guess this issue can be related to the graphics card/driver since on
another machine with SuSE 9.0 and ATI Radeon VE never had similar
problem.
I don't know where to look for information what can cause the freezing
(which logs, etc).
If you have idea, please write.
Thanks,
IG