Re: [SLE] SLSE 9 Do I have to buy the package???
  • From: Silviu Marin-Caea <silviu_marin-caea@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:44:59 +0200
On Wednesday 02 March 2005 13:49, Anders Norrbring wrote:

> He *CAN*, but if the license agreement is for use on ONE computer, it's
> most definitely a license agreement breach. It's NOT allowed.

It's allowed to install as many times as you want, you can get the .isos from
Novell.

What you have to pay for is access to patches, service packs and the right to
install new versions when they are released, free of additional charge. This
is called Annual Upgrade Protection. AUP has to be paid for each machine.
You cannot have AUP for some machines in your company and for others not.
It's either you have it for all of them or you don't have it at all. And, of
course, for real production work, not having UP is braindamage.

For testing, to see what's SLES9 like, Novell gives you 1 month of Upgrade
Protection, so you can install and update it.

http://www.novell.com/products/linuxenterpriseserver/eval.html