X hangs...
  • From: Martin Cleaver <mclists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 23:12:20 +0100
Okay I'm a non-nerdie newbie...

I just tried to take a look at my Suse 9.2 file server, both locally and by VNC. It serves files and printer just fine to my Windows boxes... but all I get to see is a hung screensaver when I try to wake it up...
I tried Ctrl-Alt F1 etc, but it doesn't budge... But the files and printer still get served, so I feel inclinded to leave it... until I can find out what mysterious key combination will get me to a command prompt to run init 3... Any suggestions? :)

Rgds

Martin