Re: [SLE] An apology to the list
  • From: Kastus <NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 14:28:34 -0800

Feel free to read SLE archives at lists.suse.com on this topic.

> Absolutely. I'm certainly not a newbie to mailing lists - been
> subscribed to one or another since first starting to use the net in
> early 1996. This is the very first I have ever known - despite
> somebody stating that it is standard practise (really?) - where
> sending a reply ends up with it going to last poster only. This then
> denies the rest of the thread followers the possible solution to the
> original problem.

This saves your mailbox and mailboxes of other subscribers from automatic
out-of-office replies. If you are not using autoreply, it does not mean
that some other clever subscriber to the list is not using it either.

Regards, -Kastus

< Previous Next >