Re: [SLE] Eclipse 3.0 on 9.2
  • From: Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 23:35:07 +0100
On Wednesday 02 March 2005 17:46, Cleary_Mike@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I've never used eclipse before, so I thought I'd give it a try. When it
> opens to the Welcome page, none of the links on the Welcome page work. All
> I get is "AN exception occurred while launching help. Refer to the log for
> more details". First of all, I can't find the log. It isn't in
> /usr/share/eclipse, or /var/log.

Usually such applications store user related files in the user's home
directory. See if there is such a file (perhaps '.eclipserc') or such a
directory (perhaps '.eclipse/') in your ~/ directory.

Already tried starting eclipse from a terminal window, like e.g. xterm or
konsole? There might be some output on stdout.

Anything in /var/log/messages or /var/log/warn? (I guess not, but it doesn't
hurt to look there anyway)

> Any ideas where they stow their log?

Does eclipse come with documentation? That would be a good starting
point... ;)

Cheers,

Leen