Re: [SLE] Accessing pureftpd using Firefox
  • From: Aaron Bridge <a.bridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 19:59:02 -0500
Carl E. Hartung wrote:

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 19:24, Aaron Bridge wrote:

I have setup a server running pureftpd and all is fine when uploading and downloading using Internet Explorer. However, when I click on
a file that should start to download using Firefox a window opens up
and it looks like Realplayer is trying to start or something like
that. I can't figure out what is going on. I don't even know if it
is a Firefox issue of pureftpd. If anyone has run into this problem,
how did you correct it?

Hi Aaron,

What happens if you right-click and select 'Save link as...'?

- Carl

It looks like it will let me save to my desktop, but when I click save the Firefox download manger opens with the options to Open or Cancel. It doesn't actually download the file.