Re: [SLE] An apology to the list
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 20:44:56 -0500
* Kastus <NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx> [03-02-05 17:31]:
> This saves your mailbox and mailboxes of other subscribers from
> automatic out-of-office replies. If you are not using autoreply, it
> does not mean that some other clever subscriber to the list is not
> using it either.

But these same 'out-of-office' replies cause a loop with the Reply-To:
header and can flood a list. I believe that this is the main reason
for their *non*-use on this list (and others).

At any rate, it is *mandated* by the list providers and has been
explained at length many times over in *adamant* terms as
non-negotiable.

In other words: Live with it!
HOG # US1244711 Photo Album: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery