Re: [SLE] Recompiling glibc
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 03:40:53 +0100 (CET)

The Tuesday 2005-03-01 at 11:22 +0100, JCVALIERE@xxxxxxx wrote:

> The Monday 2005-02-28 at 14:02 +0100, JCVALIERE@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > > Use pin (part of the distribution) to identify the needed program.
> >
> > I can find this command anywhere in the system or on the installation
> CD.
> > Which
> > package should I install and where should it be installed.
>
> ┬┐can or can't? :-?
> I can't ...

(Your quoting is wrong, by the way).

> By the way the rpm doesn't seems to be avalaible for SLES8 or ??

The bussiness version? I'm not familiar with the exact tools it has. The
professional (ie, the home version) version does include "pin".

In any case, all that pin does is searching in the rpm database, and if it
fails, then it searchs in the "ARCHIVE.gz" file from the install CD/DVD,
in a nice way.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson