Re: [SLE] An apology to the list
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 23:27:14 -0500
On Thursday 03 March 2005 8:22 am, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Thursday 03 March 2005 07:22 am, Kevanf1 wrote:
> > Hmmm, so this list will be how we want it not how the community of
> > users want it?
> >
> > Surely, if as you say the subject crops up so many times it should be
> > properly voted on.  I shall not bring it up again except to reply to
> > this thread but I bet somebody will do so.  More evidence, obviously,
> > that not many people read the introduction to the list.  An
> > introduction should be just that.  A short sweet please don't flame,
> > please don't spam introduction.  Not a great list of taboo subjects.
> > They are boring however well intentioned and they do get ignored.
> > Sorry, that's how things are.
>
> This list is run by SuSE. They pay for it, they maintain it, they run
> it the way they want to. It is not subject to a vote.
>
> If you don't like it, start your own mailing list.
>
> My $.02
bless you , can this thread die now? For those who have to pay by the
kilobyte this sort of nonsense was why many of us got tossed to the OT
list .
Original poster won't find a lot of comfort in it, but often will be
allowed to continue ad nauseum ...

Aside: Gee whiz guys, all we did to get told to join new list was about a
month before a new release was due, was talk/speculate on what we hoped
would be in it.. and expound the theory that working systems needed buy
the new box, but there were some of us who just wanted it..

Hrmmmm, list must be populated w/ a more laid back group than the one I
joined originally <VBG>

I'm putting on the B-mer Brothers
Would you mind putting on this grass skirt?