fsck failed
  • From: devosc <devosc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 05:08:51 -0600
A while back I got kicked out of graphical mode, I then ended up
buying a new pc case, 3 fans, a 400W continous power supply and a new
Hard Drive Seagate with S.M.A.R.T support.

I reinstalled everything, but I kept my other hard-drive also, I have
it so that the installation was installed on the new primary
hard-drive, but my /home and /srv are mounted onto my old hard-drive,
my thinking was that if something went wrong I could reinstall and
remount without loss of data....

Both hd's are either ext2 or 3 (not reiserfs)....

However, upon booting up I'm now being told:

fsk failed.

try #mount -n -o remount, rw /

but when I try this doesn't work ?

Problem seems to be on hda2, is this my old hard-drive.... and even
if so why can't I login at least since the os is supposed to be on the
primary hard-drive....

I just can't believe it anymore...

Is there anything I can do to try and retrieve the files on /srv (this
being the secondary drive) ????

G.

--
devosc