Re: [SLE] An apology to the list
  • From: Stan Glasoe <SRGlasoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:18:08 -0600
On Thursday 03 March 2005 9:32 am, Jeffrey Laramie wrote:
> You're entitled to your opinions, but once again this is a "because that's
> the way it is" answer. You may find this thread annoying but so far the
> majority thinks this is an issue that needs to be addressed.
>
> Jeff

Speak for yourself only. I never gave you permission to speak for me about
anything on this list. The only majority I see agreeing with your point of
view are a very few of the hundreds or thousands of subscribers on this list.
I'd say the majority here are silent about this topic neither agreeing nor
disagreeing with it. The suse-ot list is for this type of discussion because
this topic has devolved into a rant on SUSE's mail list policies and has
nothing to do with using SUSE Linux. Start your own mailing list and run it
your way if the way SUSE runs theirs is such a bother for you.

FYI: Kmail makes your opinion about what a mailing list server should do with
the Reply To:'s absolutely meaningless. Check it out. It puts you in control
of how to deal with ANY mailing list.

Stan