Re: [SLE] Backup using Amanda
  • From: Adilson Oliveira Cruz <adilsonoliveiracruz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:30:36 -0300
Hi Jeffrey!
I have a PC with Suse linux 9.0 whith a SCSI DDS-2 tape drive (4 Gb)
that will be my backup server.
I have another machine (that is my nis, nfs, dhcp, etc... server)
that will be my Amanda client and want to do a full backup once a
month and a incremental backup every week of the /home directory (20
Gb, so I will use 5 tapes on every dump) of this server. I have a fell
questions:
1- How can I choice on that week day tha backup will happen?
2- How I can say when the full backup will happen and when the
incremental backup will happen?

Thanks,
Adilson

PS: There is my amanda.conf file:

org "Backup quinzenal"
mailto "dilcruz@xxxxxxxxxxxx"
dumpuser "amanda"

inparallel 1
netusage 1000 Kbps

dumpcycle 4 weeks
runspercycle 4

tapecycle 5 tapes

runtapes 10
tpchanger "chg-manual"
tapedev "/dev/nst0"
rawtapedev "/dev/nst0"

tapetype Sony-GDG120P
labelstr "^quinzenal[0-9][0-9]*$"

holdingdisk hd1 {
comment "holding disk principal"
directory "/dumps/amanda"
use 800 Mb
}

infofile "/var/lib/amanda/quinzenal/curinfo"
logdir "/var/lib/amanda/quinzenal"
indexdir "/var/lib/amanda/quinzenal/index"

dumpuser "amanda"

define tapetype Sony-GDG120P {

comment "Sony DDS2 Premium DGD120P Tape"
length 4096 Mbytes
filemark 0 kbytes
speed 2213 kps

}
define dumptype global {
comment "Global definitions"
}

define dumptype quinzenal-server-best {
global
comment "Backup do /home/ usando tar e compressao server-best"
compress server best
dumpcycle 0
holdingdisk yes
program GNUTAR