Re: [SLE] iptables -j REDIRECT stoped working in 9.1 & 9.2
  • From: Mr Banana <Mr.Banana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:06:08 +0000
Mr Banana wrote:

I used to be able to do this:

iptables -t nat -I OUTPUT -p icmp --icmp-type echo-request -j REDIRECT

And then be able to ping any IP address as everything was redirected back
to 127.0.0.1. Not sure when it stopped working but it doesn't work now on
9.2 or 9.1 with latest kernels.

Found the answer. I needed to rebuild the kernel netfilter modules with

CONFIG_IP_NF_NAT_LOCAL=y

It would be nice if this could be done in the stock kernel to go back to
previous behaviour. Any idea why it was changed?

Cosmo