Re: [SLE] VNC
  • From: a.bridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 16:06:18 +0000
I enable remote VNC in Yast and changed the firewall to allow VNC. I then
rebooted the server just to be safe because it said I had to "rcxdm restart"
from a console. I then tried to access the server using Firefox, which has Java
enabled, by typing http://servername:5801

At that point i'm asked for a VNC password. When I type the root password is
when it takes my to the gray screen.

The tightvnc package is installed according to Yast