Re: [SLE] Can't open KMail
  • From: AndyYankovich <andyyank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 13:27:20 -0800
On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 08:46 -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> Andy,
>
> On Friday 04 March 2005 11:37, AndyYankovich wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I ran a series of security updates (those in red) in update software
> > through Control Center/YaSTe modules/Software/OnLine updates. I
> > cannot remember all the updates but one was a KDE update.
> >
> > KMail will not open. Other KDE apps like Konqueror work fine.
>
> Look in $HOME/.xsession-errors immediately after a failed attempt to
> launch KMail. There may be diagnostics there that shed some light on
> what's going wrong.
>
> If they're there and they allow you solve the problem, great. If they're
> there but don't help you, post them here so someone who might
> understand them can try to resolve the problem.

Carl,

I looked in Find Files for $HOME/ .xsession-errors in both "bin" and "/"
as well as file:home/andy and got "0 files found" each try.

I did restart before (or I thought I did) BUT this time I totally shut
down for a while, restarted, tried to start KMail again, and got: "KDE
Inut could not launch 'kmail'".

Any ideas?

Thank you, Andy

< Previous Next >