Re: [SLE] VNC
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 22:32:49 +0000
On Friday 04 March 2005 22:00, a.bridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The only thing I have done in Yast is enabled VNC which I thougt was remote
> administration. Then I opened VNC on the firewall. If it's not, remote
> administration, I have been on the wrong track. Ultimatly I want to be
> able to administer a server remotly in the office by seeing its desktop
> using either a web browser or another client. If your familiar with Radmin
> for Window, a feature like that. Radmin uses viewer instead of a web
> browser. Either way, I don't care.

OK, first of all the remote administration will enable VNC, but not the kind
you seem to want. It will give you a new login so you get a fresh desktop,
not the one you see on the server desktop.

If you want to see the actual server desktop (why?) then go to the KDE control
centre and enable remote desktop sharing. Remember to enable uninvited
connections but to disable the option to confirm them (otherwise someone
would have to be at the server desktop and click 'yes' every time you
connected)

And yes, there is a viewer. Any VNC viewer will work, and you can find several
freely downloadable on the net. In SUSE you can use 'vncviewer'