Re: [SLE] VNC
  • From: Aaron Bridge <a.bridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 18:10:19 -0500
Anders Johansson wrote:

On Friday 04 March 2005 22:00, a.bridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

The only thing I have done in Yast is enabled VNC which I thougt was remote
administration. Then I opened VNC on the firewall. If it's not, remote
administration, I have been on the wrong track. Ultimatly I want to be
able to administer a server remotly in the office by seeing its desktop
using either a web browser or another client. If your familiar with Radmin
for Window, a feature like that. Radmin uses viewer instead of a web
browser. Either way, I don't care.

OK, first of all the remote administration will enable VNC, but not the kind you seem to want. It will give you a new login so you get a fresh desktop, not the one you see on the server desktop.

If you want to see the actual server desktop (why?) then go to the KDE control centre and enable remote desktop sharing. Remember to enable uninvited connections but to disable the option to confirm them (otherwise someone would have to be at the server desktop and click 'yes' every time you connected)

And yes, there is a viewer. Any VNC viewer will work, and you can find several freely downloadable on the net. In SUSE you can use 'vncviewer'

Ok, this is a dumb question but does it matter that I am using gnome?

< Previous Next >