Problem with YOU
  • From: "Greg Wallace" <jgregw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:34:58 -0900
I have been trying to use YOU to check for the latest updates since
yesterday afternoon. I keep getting -

ERROR
Initialization failed. Try again. If failure continues, choose another
SuSE FTP /HTTP Server.

My "Choice of installation source" shows 7 different FTP sites. I tried all
of them, both yesterday and today, and get that same error across the board.
I used YOU last week and did not have any problems. I have gotten this
error in the past and was able to simply try other sites until I hit one
that worked. This usually only required one or two retries. It seems
strange that every single site would fail for me for two days in a row.
Anyone else experiencing this problem? I'm running 8.1, if that makes any
difference.

Thanks,
Greg Wallace

< Previous Next >