Re: [SLE] System Updates
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 17:03:21 +0100 (CET)

The Sunday 2005-03-06 at 08:08 -0500, Ken Schneider wrote:

> Actually nothing. What I have done in the past is copy the
> /var/lib/YaST2/you/mnt/ directory structure from one PC to another and
> then run YOU. YOU will -not- download an update already downloaded
> unless told to. This way it will still download patches that have not
> been downloaded and will use the ones that have already been downloaded
> to do the update.

Me too. If the patch CD is incomplete, it may well happen that YOU wants
to update something that can not be found on the CD and fail (because
both installs selecteded different packages).

Another would be to have one of PCs export the tree by NFS, w/r, but I
haven't tried it.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson