Re: [SLE] Need CLI help -Solved
  • From: "B. Stia" <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 02:21:29 -0500
On Sunday 06 March 2005 03:17, Ti Kan wrote:

> You need to use -Z /dev/dvd instead of -Z /media/dvdrecorder. Also,
> you probably need a DVD+/-R disc instead of CD+R.

Thanks Ti, That did it for me. The CD+R was a brain lapse (senility you
know) Meant to say DVD+R.

Thought at first it was an automount problem because as soon a I put in
a blank media disk k3b would open and I would have to close it.
(Really too bad k3b can't do this stuff yet)

Congratulations to me! Burnt my first ever movie DVD using the reliable
old CLI without encryption and will play in any player I put it in.

I know there are already a lot of people doing this, but if others
really want to know how to do this, I will be happy to supply the
how-to that I used and the sources for the programs used. Thanks Joe
Morris & Packman !!

Bob S.............(very pleased with himself - new Milestone for
him ) :-)