Re: [SLE] Problem with YOU
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 04:34:26 -0600
Greg Wallace wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Carlos E. R. [mailto:robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2005 10:55 AM
To: SLE
Subject: RE: [SLE] Problem with YOU

On Sunday, March 06 @ 2005 10:55 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
-The Sunday 2005-03-06 at 01:34 +0100, I wrote:
-
-> I'd have to look at the ftp server to give you the specific path.
-> -
-I had a look, and I think you have to point it to:-

-ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/discontinued/
-
-And, you probably will not find mirrors (my usual mirror does not have it, -I know).

--- -Cheers,
- Carlos Robinson
I tried that site and that exact path (that's the only one I tired), and
that didn't work. I had used that server most of the time for my YOU
processing. Maybe there's some additional software in place on the regular

So, and here I'm drifting a bit, but not too much. When is SuSE going
to get the equivalent of a Windows ASR backup? I lost my Windows machine at

Probably when someone who really wants/needs it, and could actually write such a thing, gets around to writing it. This is definitely one big area where Linux is way behind the competition, though the argument probably will be made that, with mass storage media so cheap now, RAID is within reach of everyone. I'll buy that argument the day that all mass storage devices are hot-pluggable (without having to pay high-end server prices to get it).