umask
  • From: Hans du Plooy <hansdp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 20:55:00 +0200
Hugo's question, and Patrick's answer (thanks) reminded me of something else
I've been missing:

How do I set the umask for a certain directory? Say I have a directory, a
samba share, say, of which the linux directory is /data

Now, lets suppose the samba/windows clients aren't the only people who put
stuff in that directory, say I have a script that does backups or that
downloads new versions of certain often used programs, that also goes there.
Now I want everything in that directory to have permissions 444, regardless
of who created and thus owns it.

How do I do that on a per-directory basis, below samba?

thanks
--
Kind regards
Hans du Plooy