How to prevent audio device change owner after normal session log in
  • From: Rocky Zhang <rocky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 12:51:05 -0700
Hi,

I have a computer running with SuSe 9.1, KDE desktop. And I connected 2
USB audio headsets to my computer. I found that before user log in, the
audio devices (such as /dev/dsp*, /dev/snd/*) owner is root:audio,
permission is 660; After one user log in, all the audio device files
change owner to $USER:audio, permission change to 600, so another users
can't have permission to use the USB headset. How can I prevent it
( keep audio device owner always root, and permission is 660, no matter
user login or not)?

I know in Fedora Core 2/3 and Mandrake 10.1, it's a configuration file
( /etc/security/console.perms) , which is included in pam RPM,
that you can edit to prevent normal session login change audio device
owner. I checked my SuSe ( version 9.1), there does have pam-0.77-221
RPM there, but there is no such file (/etc/security/console.perms)
included in the RPM. How does SuSe control device owner and permission
when normal session log in which are controlled by PAM and console.perms
configuration file in other Linux Distribution?

Any one can help?

Thanks in advance.

Rocky

Thanks in advance.