Re: [SLE] How to prevent audio device change owner after normal session log in
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 14:29:48 -0600
On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 20:19:38 +0000, Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Monday 07 March 2005 20:15, Sunny wrote:
> > Hi Rocky,
> > as I can not test it right now, can you share if this solves as well
> > the KDE/arts problem. I.e. does the system sounds for the second user
> > do work after altering these lines.
> >
> > I was looking for solution for this for a long time.
>
> If you are using standard KDE or gnome programs for playing sounds, then you
> should probably look at resmgr instead. That's what governs most
> authorisation in recent suse versions.
>
> How is your second user logging in?

Using "Switch user". I usually lock my desktop with some programs
running, and if my wife needs to do something, she just starts a new
session without affecting my stuff. But then there was no sound. I had
figured out this permission problem (not your solution though), so I
have prepared a small script in Autostart to change the permissions
back, but it does not made KDE sounds to work. But it helped with XMMS
and Skype.

Sunny

--
Get Firefox