Re: [SLE] How to prevent audio device change owner after normal session log in
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 20:32:57 +0000
On Monday 07 March 2005 20:29, Sunny wrote:
> Using "Switch user". I usually lock my desktop with some programs
> running, and if my wife needs to do something, she just starts a new
> session without affecting my stuff. But then there was no sound. I had
> figured out this permission problem (not your solution though), so I
> have prepared a small script in Autostart to change the permissions
> back, but it does not made KDE sounds to work. But it helped with XMMS
> and Skype.

When you use switch user you are logging in on :1, and by default resmgr is
only set to give permissions on :0

Have a look at /etc/resmgr.conf. Look for the line

allow desktop tty=/dev/tty[1-9]* || tty=tty[1-9]* || tty=:0

and add || tty=:1 at the end and restart resmgr

Or perhaps better still (untested) change the last part to

tty=:[0-9]

that *should* give you resmgr permissions on multiple graphical logins