Re: [SLE] Disabling auto-startup of K3B
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 22:26:01 +0100
On Monday 07 March 2005 22:19, Paul W. Abrahams wrote:
> Whenever I load a blank DVD into my drive, K3B starts up whether I want it
> to or not. How can I stop that behavior but still have the drive
> automounted?
>
> I've looked at the archives and done a google search, from which I've
> concluded that KDED is the villain -- but I can't find out anything more
> about how to control its behavior. It looks as though suseplugger is also
> involved but isn't the main culprit.
>
> A related question: where can I find out what suseplugger is doing and how
> to change it if necessary? SuSE help is of no help on that.

At some point you must have clicked 'Yes' to the question about starting K3B,
with the 'Don't ask me again' box checked.

Right-click the icon in the systray (the one that says suse hardware tool,
looks like a PCI card) and select 'Configure'. There you can set which
programs to start, and if you uncheck the 'Autostart' checkbox, it won't be
started at all.