Re: [SLE] umask
  • From: Michael W Cocke <cocke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 12:57:29 -0500
On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 22:54:21 +0200, you wrote:

>On Monday 07 March 2005 22:14, Anders Johansson wrote:
>> I don't know if there is an easier way of doing it, but for detailed
>> control of permissions like you want, I would write a small program using
>> fam, that would monitor the directory and change permissions as required. I
>> think I posted a program here that did something similar a year or so ago.
>
>Thanks Anders, I'll have a look in the archives (I keep them all on my PC...)
>
>The problem I have at the moment is, making the /var/spool/fax/recvq directory
>so that people can access the received faxes (the global ones, that is), and
>print copies some time down the line if they need to. But the faxes come out
>like this:
>
>-rw------- 1 fax uucp 124K Feb 24 08:16 fax000000155.tif
>
>So the normal users cannot read it. This is not the only application for a
>solution to this, just the current one - I've run into this problem before.

There's a setting in faxsetup to allow you to change the permissions
of received faxes.

And for the non-fax paths, I do the same thing as Anders.

Mike-

--
Mornings: Evolution in action. Only the grumpy will survive.
--

Please note - Due to the intense volume of spam, we have installed site-wide spam
filters at catherders.com. If email from you bounces, try non-HTML, non-encoded,

< Previous Next >