Re: [SLE] Wine and IE
  • From: Catimimi <catimimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 22:58:54 +0100
Fred a écrit :

Hello,

I'm learning CSS2 and I want to use Quanta+ chipped with my Suse 9.2 to code it.
But when time comes to do some compatibility testing, I'd need to test my site with IE...

So instead of always rebooting and switch to WinXP (and I don't have money to buy VMWare...),
I'd like to install Internet Explorer with Wine.

I tried several method :
http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=ie6
http://patrick.spacesurfer.com/ie_wine_install.html

but IE always crashed before being usable.
Is there someone that has been able to do it ?
Is there webdeveloppers around ? :-)

Thanks,

Fred

Hello,

You are right but IE6-SP1 and a lot of other apps work fine with cxoffice which is not so expensive
than VMware. I run it daily.
At a time SuSE sold a CD called SuSE Wine Rack, I discovered that with it.

Michel.