Re: [SLE] Xine and DVD
  • From: Allen <gorebofh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 18:15:26 -0500
On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 07:44:44PM +0000, Hanno Rollmann wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 February 2005 18:33, Richard wrote:
> > >
> > > Are you sure you know what open source means?

> > > Check http://packman.links2linux.org/ for multimedia rpms with less
> > > restrictions or - because xine _is_ open source - compile it yourself
> > > from the (open!) sources.
> >
> > That still wont do the trick. He needs the libdvdcss-1.2.8.tar.gz which
> > gives him the css stuff so his computer can read/decode the dvd. You can
> > find that file in a bunch of places on the net. Look especially to some
> > French sources like the vlc project.
> > Richard
> >
> > > Guido
> > > --
> > > Imperia AG, Development
> > > Leyboldstr. 10 - D-50354 Hürth - http://www.imperia.net/
>

> another good source location I found for Xine, Libdvdcss and all the win
> codices I found is:
>
> http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/xine/

I use that link too, all you have to do is open YAST and uninstall the Xine
SUSE comes with and all the other things that have to go with it, and then
use those RPMs, install, and you're done. The instructions on the page work
well on every SUSE version I've tried, and I can now watch DVDs. I opened
Xine and popped in a DVD, and then clicked on DVD and it loaded.