Re: [SLE] Re: [clean] RE: [SLE] SuSE 9.2 and Adaptec 2100S SCSI RAID
  • From: John Scott <praiserock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 19:26:28 -0500
I posted in the past about problems with the 2200S. I think I've
managed to solve my problems. Here's my fix:

Flashed the firmware back to 7244 firmware.
Booted from a disk that used 2.4 kernel.
Installed the driver (followed Adaptec directions) for the 7348/7349
firmware that was released Dec 17th even though Adaptec states it's
for the 7348/7349 firmware.

My system now boots without problem using hardware raid volumes. I've
eliminated the system hangs and very long timeouts that I was
experiencing. Adaptec may not support this, but so what, they weren't
providing me with even marginally good support as it was.

Now the only message I get from the system is that aacraid taints the
kernel and that is due to the non-GPL Adaptec driver. I can live with
that. At least the system stays up now, and its very responsive.

John

< Previous Next >