Re: [SLE] 9.2 and touchpad
  • From: Adam Naumowicz <adamnaumowicz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 10:29:10 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

Yes, ksynaptics adds some more controls to the touchpad, so now I can make it behave better.
but still I cannot understand why after a reboot from SuSE to Windows I loose the tapping in Windows - if I power off and then start Windows everything works fine. Does the driver modify the device somehow which is not reset during the reboot??? Or does it modify some hidden BIOS entry (there is nothing to be configured by a user though)? I used SuSE 9.0 before and it didn't happen. What can be wrong with 9.2?

Adam

Stan Glasoe <SRGlasoe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Monday 07 March 2005 1:03 pm, Adam Naumowicz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded my SuSE 9.0 into 9.2 and I can't
> get rid of several irksome problems. First of all, the
> touchpad in my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo L behaves
> strangely - the cursor moves in a wild unreliable
> manner, clicking on the pad seems also rather
> haphazard. Tweaking with the configurable mouse
> options is of little help - it seems to improve the
> behaviour a bit, but still it is far from how it
> worked before the upgrade.
>
> But even worse is the fact that when I now reboot from
> linux to windows xp, the clicking on touchpad is
> disabled - how can the system know that??? Isn't the
> device fully reset when rebooting? If I poweroff, then
> the touchpad works fine in windows. This didn't happen
> with my previous SuSE 9.0, so what is wrong here?
>
> All help appreciated,
>
> Adam

There is "ksynaptics - A KDE configuration module for the synaptics touchpad"
available in SUSE 9.2. It is available within Control Center under
Peripherals as Touch Pad.

Hope your laptop has the Synaptics Touchpad. Also works with some ALPS
Touchpads too.

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!