Re: [SLE] Wine and IE
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 23:43:54 +0100
On Wednesday 09 March 2005 23:38, Ken Schneider wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 15:49, Fred wrote:

> > > Also, but running those apps, you also get to receive all the Intrnet's
> > > viruses :-)
> >
> > You must be kidding. Even when I run IE on my Suse throught CrossOver ??
>
> Yes because you are still running MS code even though you are running it
> in an emulator.

Yep, so be careful which linux directories you map as drives in wine's config.
A destructive windows virus can wipe it all out

In fact, a virus that knows it's runnig in wine can probably do nasty things
anyway, since a wine program has access to any syscall a linux native program
does.

It can be dangerous