Re: [SLE] Listiquette.
  • From: William Gallafent <william@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:59:56 +0000

[Brad's post didn't attribute this quote of Danny's, so I
added the attribution myself.]

On Thursday 10 March 2005 15:46, Brad Bourn wrote:
> So you prefer your style because of the system you use.

I think that Danny's comment was about mail archives,
e.g. those viewable using a web browser, which anybody can
use, rather than, as I think you imply, his (wise) choice of
mail client (same as yours!). That's irrelevant though ...

> So do I.

The only important system is that of the conventions of the
list (which have evolved, incidentally, to match the
preferences and systems of its users, since time immemorial)

I have a right hand drive car.

I prefer to drive it on the left hand side of the road.

What are the results if I decide to drive it on the left
hand side of the road when in a territory which has another
convention?

--
Bill

< Previous Next >