Re: [SLE] 9.3 preorder now available..
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:29:48 -0500
On Thursday 10 March 2005 01:11 pm, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Thursday 10 March 2005 19:06, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> > On Thursday 10 March 2005 11:45 am, Mike wrote:
> > > Just happened to stop by the novell/suse site, and lo and behold, They
> > > are taking pre-orders for 9.3! Yep, Doesn't have the entire list of
> > > things available, but enough to make it interesting. Looks to be
> > > released in mid april
> >
> > I just tried to order it from the Novell/suse site.... (U.S.) I have
> > never seen a more convoluted web site and I never did find a place to
> > order it.
> >
> > I even went to their 'total product price list' where the latest SuSE
> > offered is 9.1.....
> >
> > I gave up.
>
> http://www.novell.com
>
> Products->Operating Systems->Linux->SUSE Professional
>
> Click on "Preorder SUSE LINUX 9.3"
>
> At the bottom of the next page, click on "pre-order your copy today"
>
> On the next page, click on "North America"
>
> Tricky, huh?

I did get to the page you mention..... and I did click on North America...
but the resulting page says nothing about 9.3 or even 9.2. It is mostly
Novell Training and other packages....

Really weird. I guess like with 9.2, it will not be offered in the US for
another week or so. (Yup, just clicked on 'Germany' as a country for
ordering and got a whole page of 9.3) Nice.

+ Bruce S. Marshall bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx Bellaire, MI 03/10/05 13:27 +
"Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever."