Re: [SLE] My server got hacked? Anyoen seem this?
  • From: Henry Tang <henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:18:02 -0600
The example i gave is bad. It is more like this

http://www.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/comp.os.linux.security/2003-06/0473.html

I didn't want to post the email my server was trying to send out because it includes the /etc/passwd file so I posted examples i found on the net. Apprently root tried to send out couple of emails to unknown users of yahoo and other email address as well. The email was bounced and that is how i found out. :( I am not in the competition. :(

henry

Randall R Schulz wrote:

Henry,