SuSE 9.3 and Openoffice 2
  • From: "Doug Currey" <doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:46:33 -0500
I noticed the next version of SuSE has OpenOffice 2.0 pre-release.

Just wondering what happens when OpenOffice 2.0 final is released. Does
Novell do a full update via yast or do they just bug/security patch the
pre-release as they do with the rest of the rpm packages.

I ask this because I noticed with most linux distributions only stick with
what they released. Example if they have Openoffice 1.1 when the distribution
is released they typically don't do updates to 1.2 but just patch the 1.1
version correct.

Yes I know I can download the full update directly but I like yast to handle
the updates. Less for me to break.:)

Does this make any since?

Tnaks
Doug