Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.3 and Openoffice 2
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:02:51 -0800
Doug,

On Friday 11 March 2005 07:46, Doug Currey wrote:
> I noticed the next version of SuSE has OpenOffice 2.0 pre-release.
>
> Just wondering what happens when OpenOffice 2.0 final is released.
> Does Novell do a full update via yast or do they just bug/security
> patch the pre-release as they do with the rest of the rpm packages.
>
> I ask this because I noticed with most linux distributions only stick
> with what they released. Example if they have Openoffice 1.1 when
> the distribution is released they typically don't do updates to 1.2
> but just patch the 1.1 version correct.

There are two possibilities:

1) A YOU patch
2) A YaST Install & Remove-compatible supplementary update

Method (2) is how we've been kept up-to-date with the latest KDE
software.

I think there's ample precedent to feel confident that SuSE / Novell
will provide a convenient means to go from the pre-release to the final
form of OpenOffice.org version 2.0 without involving yourself in
acquisition of an independently created set of packages and manual
installation of those packages.

> Doug

Randall Schulz