Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.3 and Openoffice 2
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:05:32 +0100
"Doug Currey" <doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I noticed the next version of SuSE has OpenOffice 2.0 pre-release.
>
> Just wondering what happens when OpenOffice 2.0 final is released. Does
> Novell do a full update via yast or do they just bug/security patch the
> pre-release as they do with the rest of the rpm packages.
>
> I ask this because I noticed with most linux distributions only stick with
> what they released. Example if they have Openoffice 1.1 when the distribution
> is released they typically don't do updates to 1.2 but just patch the 1.1
> version correct.

We're not doing anything like that...

> Yes I know I can download the full update directly but I like yast to handle
> the updates. Less for me to break.:)
>
> Does this make any since?

No ;-)

The problem is that a full release needs to go through complete Q&A -
but if we only add bugs, we know what has been fixed and what needs to
be tested.

Let's wait until OOo 2.0 comes out as final version and then we'll
decide.

We'll continue to track the release and our OOo team will fix bugs
that have been found...

Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger, aj@xxxxxxx, http://www.suse.de/~aj
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 N├╝rnberg, Germany