Re: [SLE] System upgrade.
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 18:56:17 -0600
Ken Schneider wrote:
I am looking for info on the possibility of upgrading my desktop to 9.2
without doing a fresh install. This would be after a backup of wanted
configs and files (just in case). Can I just add the ftp site as a
source, move it to the top of the list and do a system upgrade? I am
looking to lose as little as possible in already installed packages just
get them upgraded. Or am I looking at to many dependency problems.

Any thoughts, caveats etc.?
One problem I see (perhaps) is the system is running when you upgrade it. IIRC there are some things that had problems upgrading like that, which caused some packages not to be upgraded, and Online update to look for the wrong version.
--
Joe Morris
New Tribes Mission