Re: [SLE] YOU
  • From: Michael James <Michael.James@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:35:00 +1100
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 05:11 pm, it clown wrote:

> What is the best way to download all patches to a dir and
> install them from the dir where it downloaded to?

YOU puts all its patches into:
/var/lib/YaST2/you/mnt/i386/update/9.2/

Well that's for an i386 machine running 9.2,
make the necessary adjustments...

What I do is to make /var/lib/YaST2/you/mnt
a symlink to a directory with install and update for all my systems.
Then once one system has done an update,
the downloads go quickly for the rest.

Don't let 2 systems run YOU at once!

When I go to do an install I take a CD of that update directory
and "pre-stock" the new machine before the first YOU run.
It still goes online for the filelist but saves a lot of download.
In Australia downloads are charged.

Hope that helps,
michaelj

--
Michael James michael.james@xxxxxxxx
System Administrator voice: 02 6246 5040