Deskjet printer app has a bug? Signal 11
  • From: Andy Yankovich <andyyank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:35:47 -0500
On SuSE 9.2 Pro, with kde 3.3.2 level a, and kernel 2.6.8-24-default,
my deskjet 960c wont print.

On the "printjob for all printers - KJobViewer" I have the following
job id : 22
owner: andy
name: file:/
state: queued
size: 61
pages: 0
priority: 50
billing info: blank

My printer worked fine until I upgraded to kde 3.3.2. I was able to
print the first four times after the upgrade. then from job # 5 to
job# 22, printing failed.

I do not
hear any sound indicating communication between cpu and printer.
I have checked all settings that I could find and all were OK except
when going from control center/yast2 modules/hardware/printer
then configure, the data says I have a** parrallel not a usb**
printer. I change it to usb and go into "usb printer configuration"
screen.

The test page prints correctly, and message says "It seems there are
no problems with the device chosen. The hardware connection should be
functioning correctly. I go to next and select HP diskjet 960c and
the test page is good again.

I click finish and get:
"The application (kjobviewer) crashed and caused the signal 11
(SIGEGV). An application mostly receives SIGEVG signal due to a bug
in the application. The application was asked to save its docutments.
You might want to send a bug report for this application. Check if it
is listed on Http://bugs.kde.org, otherwise mail the author. Please
include as much info as possible, maybe the orignial document. If you
have a way to reporduce the error include this also."

I tried printing this and could not. I closed out kmail and again went
to control/yast2/hdwe/printer and my printer is AGAIN LISTED AS A
PARALLEL PRINTER. This has repeatedly happened (I'vegone thru the
above steps about three or four times). Resuts are always as above..

Any suggestions?
Thanks, Andy