Re: [SLE] Network File Systems
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:42:40 -0800
Peter,

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 09:57, Chiu, PCM (Peter) wrote:
> Is there a more efficient networked file system
> other than NFS and samba?

I believe these two are the only transparent file sharing options.

> The two both work, but can be rather slow for large transfers.

Rsync is the software of choice for secure, optimized bulk file
transfer. It's an odd duck, so there's a bit of a learning curve but I
think configuration is actually less involved than that for either
Samba or NFS. Usage is primarily by command line, though I think I've
seen references on-line to a GUI.

Randall Schulz