Datacenter Software
  • From: James Mohr <suse_mailing_list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:01:16 +0100
Hi All!

I am looking for open source softare that one would use in a datacenter. For
example, for problem management there are products like RequestTracker and
OTRS. For system/network management you have Nagios or Nino.

At this point, I am missing assest management, configuration management, and
change managment. Granted there is a lot of overlap in each of these, so it I
would not necessarily need to find seperate products for each area. If I
could find a tool that keep tracl of assets, how each was configured and what
changes were made that would address all three issues. I googled and looked
on SourceForge, but I really did not find anything that really excited me.

I also remember seeing a tool a couple of weeks ago (I thought on SourceForge)
that was the "all-in-one" datacenter tool, that had alot of the features in
one product. I having been digging through all sorts of different types of
products on SF, but I cannot find it again.

Any help is greatly appreaciated.

Regards,

jimmo

--
"Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your