Re: [SLE] Destjet printer app has a bug? Signal 11
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:08:17 -0600
Andy Yankovich wrote:
linux:/home/andy # lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 03f0:3104 Hewlett-Packard
OK, the printer is recognized by the usb subsystem.
Is there any
clues in /var/log/cups/error_log?
andy@linux:~> su
Password:
linux:/home/andy # /var/log/cups/error_log
bash: /var/log/cups/error_log: Permission denied
You can view it by less /var/log/cups/error_log, scroll with errors, or use a GUI like kwrite or konqueror's built in file viewer.
BTW what does (NTM) mean?
New Tribes Mission.
Maybe I should just buy another printer. Know any good makes realatively cheap that are stable with SuSE?
Not at all necessary, unless it is broken. I have been extremely pleased with my HP PSC 2175 all in one, but we can get your printer going. Just be patient.
--
Joe Morris
New Tribes Mission