Re: [SLE] Destjet printer app has a bug? Signal 11
  • From: Andy Yankovich <andyyank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:04:48 -0500
On Tuesday 15 March 2005 21:56, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
> Andy Yankovich wrote:
> Try this. Right click, choose Run Command, and type in "kdesu
> write". Enter your root password at the prompt, and choose open in
> kwrite's file menu and navigate to /etc/cups/cupsd.conf, and open
> it that way. Check line 834. If you can, fix it, then in a
> console, su to root and enter rccups restart. If you can't figure
> it out, copy and paste ~830-840 to an email and we should be able
> to get you going.

Joe,
When I right click on desktop and select run command and type in
"kdesu write" (omitting quotes) I get a box "/bin/sh - Konsole" with
no option anywhere similar to kwrite file menu or open. I also get
the run as root box with "command: write" on one line and "password"
on second line. I enter my password, click ok, the run box
disappeears but the /bin/sh box changes to "<Finished> - /bin/sh/ -
Konsole".

The first option in the top menu bar is "Session" and in that drop
down menu the first option is New Shell. I thried typing
in /etc/cups/cupsd.con and get the Permission Denied i got before.
The other choices dont give me any option to "choose open in kwrite's
file menu".

Sorry Joe, you've taken a lot of time and I just hope I'm not doing
some things wrong. I think I should just get another printer. This
Linux stuff is tough to learn. I read about SuSE and Linux a lot but
I don't know how to do very much.

Are you at the NTM Hq in Sanford? I live in Central Florida. My wife
and i retired to a place on Rt 27 in Haines City. I would like to buy
you lunch some day if you are in Sanford

Blessings, Andy