Re: [SLE] Destjet printer app has a bug? Signal 11
  • From: Andy Yankovich <andyyank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:25:59 -0500
Lee @ BrandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
> I'm using the 960C and have been for a long time. It never gives a
> problem, that I've experienced. I am connected via the parallel
> port and YaST2 has always successfully found and configured
> correctly for it. If you are sure it is configured correctly via
> YaST2, then the next suggestion I would have is to check your spool
> directory or delete all it's contents just in case you have a
> defective file blocking normal printing. Check /var/spool/cups, if

Thanks for you reply,
What specific steps did you take to check "/var/spool/cups"? From a
Shell, Terminal, Run command, Konqueror or where? (And more
importantly, how do I know ahead of time? I read manuals but don't am
confused.
As you can tell I'm over my head in Linux SuSE 9.2 Pro. At age 70,
maybe I should stick with windows - easier on the blood pressure.
Adny