Migration from Centos 3.3 to SuSE 9.1 Prof
  • From: Chaitanya Krishna A <icymist82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:09:48 -0800 (PST)
hi all,

i'm planning to migrate to SuSE 9.1 from Centos 3.3
which is runnig on my system right now.

let me tell u at the start that i'm completely new to
linux.

i would like to know, if i can directly put the SuSE
cd's into the drive and start installing. the system
is relatively new, and doesn't have much data on it.
so i don't stand to lose anything if SuSE completely
overwrites everything. the hard disk has already been
partitioned, would this create any problems. would i
be required to repartition the hard disk again. kindly
let me know if i need to take any precautions before
starting the installation.

thanks for any help.

bye.
chaitanya.