Re: [SLE] Novell Unwraps New Version Of Linux
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:28:56 -0500
Doug McGarrett wrote:

I assume that this is a 32-bit version that _will run_ on 64-bit processors. There's no magic in that. But was this
intended to mean that there is an OS _designed_ for 64-bit
processors, that will somehow run on 32-bit processors? That's
something I hadn't heard of before. (I'm not a programmer,
so maybe that's a common thing, but it sounds kind of far out,
to me.)

Someone please enlighten me.

When you buy the SuSE box, you get a DVD, that includes both 32 & 64 bit versions. The CDs only have 32 bit. In SuSE 9.2, there was a double sided DVD, that had 32 bit on one side and 64 on the other.